Producers are among the most vulnerable when it comes to mental health issues. Stress, anxiety, depression, emotional exhaustion and burnout are all high among producers.

If you are in crisis, please visit your local emergency department or call 911 immediately.

Stressed? Help is available. Click here for more.

Search Wellington Federation of Agriculture


Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act regulates everything from vehicle licensing and classifications to load restrictions and transportation issues. There are many regulations within the Highway Traffic Act that can affect the business of farming as they relate to traveling roadways with tractors, equipment and trucks. It’s the farm owner and equipment operator’s responsibility to know the rules of the road that apply to farm equipment, self-propelled vehicles, load restrictions, licensing and towing requirements.

Farm Licence Plate Requirements

Farm designated licence plates are reduced fee commercial plates for farm trucks with a registered gross weight over 3,000 kg (6,613 lbs.), used for personal transportation or to haul farm products, equipment or supplies. Paid hauling on farm plates is only permitted during September, October or November.

Effective January 1, 2015, vehicle owners wishing to purchase or attach farm plates to a new commercial vehicle over 3,000 kg will need to provide documentation to demonstrate that they have a farm business.

Only those clients purchasing or attaching new farm plates to a vehicle will be required to show proof of farm business as of January 1, 2015. The new requirements will not affect any current farm plate owners who are renewing their farm plates.

Much more information on Transportation on the OFA website.

Wellington Federation of Agriculture

RR#2 / Kenilworth ON N0G 2E0 519.848.3774
Thank you to OFA's Proud to Lead and Farm Credit Canada for their financial support towards our website design.